Dear 4B Families,
Happy third week of Advent. I hope you all had a nice weekend. This Thursday is the Christmas program. It begins at 6:15. Students may begin to come up to the classroom at 5:45. Please do not let them in the school earlier as there is no supervision before that time. If you arrive before 5:45, please keep your children with you. Thank you!
- Prayer Partner cards are due Tuesday. I will accept them no later than Wednesday. Thank you for checking to be sure they are neatly and thoughtfully completed. Thank you!
- 4B will receive the sacrament of Reconciliation on Thursday morning. Please continue to talk about the Examination of Conscience at home with your child.
- Charlotte’s Web Quote posters are due Wednesday. Students will be tested on their Charlotte’s Web Vocabulary on Monday. We will have a final review in class before the test.
- I am hoping we can plan a time to share our Reindeer writing with the first graders later this week. They will bring home their cute stories to share with you by the end of the week as well. I made copies so that I can grade them later!
- The first paragraph was fully edited, the second section was lightly edited with peers, and the third paragraph was written independently by each student.
- There is no spelling test this week, but I will be sending home the spelling words on Thursday for the week of January 6th. They are the months of the year/calendar words.
- Look for a special gift from your child in his/her backpack by Thursday. If they do not get it out of their backpack on their own, you may want to remind them.
- Friday the students are welcome to come in Christmas-themed clothing. We will meet with our Faith Families and pass out our Prayer Partner cards. Following Faith Family meetings, we will all gather in the School Hall for our annual all-school sing a long. We dismiss at noon on Friday.
- I encourage all of the students to clean our their filers over the break. New study sheets should remain, but all corrected tests and old assignments and study sheets should be removed. I have had the children clean out some subject sections already as we began 2nd trimester, but the School/Home section is always an important section to go through and clean out. Thank you!
Christmas vacation: Of course the majority of Christmas break should be all about family, fun, relaxing and playing—but hopefully a bit of time will also be set aside for some educational pursuits! Regular reading is highly encouraged! Curling up with a good book and a cup of hot chocolate is a special treat. This is also a great time to put some added effort into mastering multiplication and division facts if not already completed. It is so important that the facts are mastered. All students should take some time to review so they return with sharp skills! Thank you. The 4B website has many great sites to explore that review and build skills in all subject areas. The students enjoy Free Rice—a site where they can practice vocabulary and math as well as help feed the hungry! The sites on the webpage are in subject area categories. The combination NE/SE/Midwest test is coming up in January and can be reviewed with links on the site.