Dear 4B Families,
Wow, what a week it’s been! I hope you are doing well at home and staying healthy.
Here’s my video for today: IMG_3844
As you know, the next two weeks will include some small assignments, but will mostly be focused on the Oral Biographies. In order to answer any initial questions, we will have a Zoom meeting today (Wed., 3/25) at 11:00am. I’ll send an invite before the meeting. If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know via email as well.
Sign up for Oral Biography presentations here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TP4XjhJs0PJtpuqOcvzW_zsAnrmrHOodJrGofPidfo0/edit?ts=5e7a70b2
Be sure you go to Ms. Corrigan’s page when you start the reading task for the day. She has a video to take the students through the lesson. the link is below.
Here are the lessons for today along with the PDF version: Remote Learning_ Wednesday, March 25, 2020
Wednesday, March 25, 2020
||What to do!
- You will learn the vocabulary.
- Vocabulary is on pages 226-227. There is a sentence with each word that gives context clues. Read each blue word, sounding out the words. Breaking the words into parts or syllables often helps.
- Determine how many syllables there are in each word (you can clap them out, slap them out by tapping on your arms, or “feel them” by placing your hands under your chins and counting how many times your mouth opens for a vowel sound/syllable.)
- You should refer to the glossary at the back of the anthology (pg. G1) to check and see if you are correct.
Wednesday Packet work (the 2-page packet with the border on the front page, a title of “Lesson 8 Skill Review” and a drawing of a paint brush and palate): Me and Uncle Romie Reading Packet Page 1
- Complete the vocabulary (top of pg. 1) and spelling (bottom of pg. 1) sections on the front page of the packet. Leave the rest of the packet for later in the week.
- Preview the target skill “understanding characters” and the topic: “Visual Arts”: read the short section on pgs. 228-229.
||20 minutes silent reading: Read a chapter book of your choice for at least 20 minutes.
||Lesson 6: Compare and Order Fractions (pages 517-522)
- Read and complete pages 517-520
- There are Khan Academy lessons that might help with factors and multiples if you need them:
- Teacher Tip! Parents, your child might need some extra help with this one! The idea of a least common multiple is a difficult concept to grasp.
- Here’s a helpful way to find the Least Common Multiple (LCM). Write each denominator separately. Then, write out the first 10 multiples of each of the denominators. Circle all of the multiplies that are the same for the 2 denominators. The smallest number that you circled is the LCM. (Use the images below to help.)
||Chapter 3: Pages 93-102
These activities need to be completed by Friday. Split them up how it best works for you.
Complete the online review of Chapter 3 below
- You will be taking an online test. You can use your book for this test. This is the first time we are trying this online format. Let me know how it goes. Once you get in you have to finish in an hour or less (so just don’t walk away and forget about it)
- This link takes you directly to this online test and will be the same for all published changes.
- Access code: T6F6JJH
|Ongoing things to work on ANY time. These tasks are not due today. None of these have to be done TODAY.
- Journal (one per week and send to Ms. Benson any time)
- Oral Biography (final presentation due date TBD)
- Freckle assignments
- Xtra Math
- Scholastic News
- Science PLTW Activity 3: The Brain in Action (complete by Friday, 3/27)
- Practice Memorare